THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES ABOUT ISLAY.
- To get to Islay, you'll need to travel by ferry or plane. For travel information, have a look at the Caledonian MacBrayne and Loganair websites.
- There are Nine whisky distilleries on Islay. Those with websites are found at Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Kilchoman, Ardnahoe and Laphroaig,. Also worth visiting is the Isle of Jura distillery.
- An excellent source of information about Islay is the website for the local newspaper, The Ileach which is regularly updated.
- The website www.islayjura.com (run by the Islay Jura Marketing Board) contains a good selection of links to resources about Islay.
- The Machrie features a championship golf course, providing a challenge to players of all level
- Brian Palmer runs The Washing Machine Post website, dedicated to cycling on Islay.
- Islay is home to a wealth of musical talent and Port Mòr has a vested interest in Islay's renowned Pipe Band, as Warden James is a piper in the band, as is his brother Andrew, who also happens to be Chairman of 'Iomairt Chille Chomain'. You can catch the band at various events on the island over the summer months and find out more about them on the Islay Pipe Band website.
- If you are looking for a professional photographer for any occasion you can contact Ben Shakespeare via his website https://benshakespeare.com
Fishing boats at Port Charlotte